Mr. Sowers graduated from Texas Christian University with a Bachelors in Business Administration (BBA) in 1982. He then attended The John Marshall Law School in Chicago and earned a Doctorate in Juris Prudence in 1986. Mr. Sowers was admitted to the Illinois Bar on November 6, 1986. Mr. Sowers is a member of the Federal Trial Bar, the Illinois State Bar Association, the Illinois Trial lawyers Association, and The American Association of Justice and is licensed to practice in the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Sowers began his practice defending insurance companies in personal injury matters until 1998 when he determined his legal skills and desire to help injured individuals and families. He found that he was suited to helping people instead of defending insurance companies.
Since he began practicing law in 1986, Don has specialized in representing injured clients in personal injury claims arising out of medical, hospital and nursing home malpractice/negligence, products liability, school and municipality negligence, motor vehicle collisions, slip and falls, and wrongful death.
Don has obtained numerous multi-million settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of his clients over the three decades he has practiced law. He has obtained successful settlements and Jury Verdicts in Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Knox, LaSalle, McClain, McHenry, Peoria, Sangamon, Will, and Winnebago counties.
Mr. Sowers has five children; a daughter and a four sons. He played college and semi-professional baseball and his hobbies include golf, hiking, bike riding, and enjoying time with his dog and family.
Representative examples of settlements and Jury Verdicts Mr. Sowers has obtained for his clients include:
- 9 million and 6 million dollar settlements in Birth Injury Cases;
- 5 million dollar settlement against an Orthopedic Surgeon and Hospital for failure to diagnose a post- operative compartment syndrome.
- 3 million dollar verdict against an Infectious Disease Physician.
- 6 million dollar Jury Verdict against Gynecological Urologist.
- $650,000.00 settlement in a Nursing Home Neglect case;
- Over 30 million dollars in other personal injury cases through settlements and Jury Trials.