The Aviation Safety Network recorded 15 total fatal airliner accidents in 2018, leading to 556 deaths. While deaths increased last year, accidents are still rare and numbers are down significantly compared to even 10 years ago. Despite the encouraging trend, airline crashes do happen. Aviation disaster survivors, as well as families of victims, deserve representation. Your personal injury attorneys near Chicago are ready to help you make a case.
The Law Office of Daniel E Goodman, LLC strives to hold the aviation industry accountable for breaches in safety and security and we are ready and willing to gather all evidence to make a case possible. If airlines do not adhere to certain safety standards when transporting cargo or passengers, legal action may be necessary.
About Airplane Accidents
While everything in today’s world is typically completed electronically, printing out things like the name of the person who advised you, dates, flight numbers, and other important data can be crucial when building a case should you ever find yourself in need of legal action relating to flying. Issues that take place during air travel can be caused by some of the following factors:
- Aircraft defects, like engine failure
- Aircraft technology or software failure
- Communication issues with air traffic control
- Errors by the pilots or the aircraft operators
- Inadequate maintenance of an aircraft
Most of the time, we assume our flights will go smoothly and we can get from point A to point B seamlessly. However, should something happen it is important to follow a few steps:
- If your flight is delayed or canceled, you should call your airline customer service and book a backup flight ASAP. You should be able to get on the next available flight at no additional cost. Make sure you know your airline’s rules for passenger rights and courtesies.
- Make sure you know when an airline is supposed to pay for your hotel room due to a cancelation. A majority of the major airlines will give you one-night lodging, but only for schedule irregularities (like a broken down plane or crew over duty time limits). Weather delays are never a part of this policy.
It’s normal to be emotionally and physically drained if you find yourself in the aftermath of an airline crash. You may suffer from pain, anxiety and depression, and self-directed guilt. We can work with you to help you recover from the damage and adjust in the aftermath of an accident.
The Law Office of Daniel E Goodman, LLC is committed to providing clients with the best possible results. We have 30 years of experience and every client is treated with professionalism and dedication. Airline crashes are scary and can be time-consuming. As personal injury attorneys in Chicago, we are here to help you. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation.