Each year in the United States, 1.1 million burn injuries require medical attention. Experiencing a quick burn while using the oven or a pan for cooking is a somewhat common occurrence that typically heals quickly. When it comes to larger second or third degree burns, however, both the skin damage and recovery time are intensified and a visit to a hospital burn unit typically follows. Immediate care can save lives. Such a life-altering incident is something that is not easily forgotten. If you have endured a debilitating burn at the hands of someone else, you may be entitled to monetary compensation. Burn injury settlements are not to be taken lightly, due to the factors of pain and physical scarring. You can trust the personal injury attorneys near Mount Prospect at The Law Office of Daniel Goodman, LLC to aid you in recovering what you are entitled to – or no fee is charged.
Common examples of burn injury legal cases that involve multiple parties are product liability, general negligence, and worker’s compensation settlements. These can stem from different types of burns, such as the following:
- Thermal: these occur when skin comes in contact with something hot (flame, hot liquid or objects, etc.)
- Electrical: when someone comes in contact with an electric current an electrical burn may occur, as the body’s internal systems are not resistant to electricity
- Chemical: occurs when skin or eyes come in contact with a harsh irritant, such as acid. Common substances that cause these include chlorine, ammonia, bleach, and more
- Friction: skin repeatedly rubbing or scraping against a rough surface can result in a friction bur
- Radiation: typically occurs when cancer patients undergo radiation therapy and inadvertently damage other skin cells
If you are someone who has been affected by one of the above burn types, you should not be forced to suffer from the aftermath without calling for the party at fault to compensate for the problem. Filed correctly within the statute of limitations, a burn injury victim may seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, disfigurement, disability, and more. The Law Office of Daniel Goodman, LLC personal injury attorneys near Mount Prospect can aid you in receiving the settlement that you are looking for. Contact us today for your free, no obligation consultation.